OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

can't find a bug in OO "issue tracking query"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yuvalaviel
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:49 am    Post subject: can't find a bug in OO "issue tracking query" Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a troubeling bug, Figures I insert disappear without leavig a trace.
When I tried to find if there is any report on this bug, I realized that the "issue tracking" forms always returns with:
Quote:
Your query returned no results. Please refine your query and try again

Here is the query:
http://www.openoffice.org/issues/buglist.cgi?issue_type=DEFECT&component=Word+processor&issue_status=NEW&issue_status=STARTED&issue_status=REOPENED&op_sys=Linux&target_milestone=OOo+1.1.2&email1=&emailtype1=exact&emailassigned_to1=1&email2=&emailtype2=exact&emailreporter2=1&issueidtype=include&issue_id=&changedin=&votes=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&short_desc=graphic&short_desc_type=substring&long_desc=&long_desc_type=substring&issue_file_loc=&issue_file_loc_type=substring&status_whiteboard=&status_whiteboard_type=substring&keywords=&keywords_type=alltokens&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=&cmdtype=doit&order=%27Importance%27&Submit+query=Submit+query

What was I doing wrong?
Any reference to that bug?

OO1.1.2, Fedora Core 2.
8daysaweek.co.uk
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi yuvalaviel,

I just searched for "copy paste" (one of the examples given) in the summary box and it returns results, so it is working.

You may just need to use fewer or different search terms.

Or, if no bug exists, and you can replicate the problem, submit a new bug with plenty of information about your OOo version, your OS and exactly what steps lead to the the incorrect behaviour. Guidelines to read for posting new bugs: http://www.openoffice.org/bugs/bug_writing_guidelines.html

HTH Smile,
ftack

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, "graphics disappear"of "figures dissappear" do not give results. The issue may nevertheless be filled under some techie title, and it wll be harder to recognise and find, but obviously, it may not have been filed as well. You may want to spare some time and browse through issues listed using "Figure" or "graphics" alone. If you looked carefully enough and dit not find it anyway, then don't hesitate to file a new issue. If it exists already, developpers will mark it as a duplicate and at least, people coming after you will be able to find it on more 'intuitive' keywords.
yuvalaviel
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Indeed, "graphics disappear"of "figures dissappear" do not give results.

even looking for "graphic" only yielded nothing.

Actually, sending an empty search string, which usually returns with all current open bugs, return with the same message.
There are two "submit" buttons, does it matter which one of them i press?
yuvalaviel
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops, now it works.

--don't know what happened. I reset the forms, and pressed exactly the same buttons.
-- thanks anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: