OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

How do you print double sided pages

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
words
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:00 pm    Post subject: How do you print double sided pages Reply with quote

I've tried different ways but the wrong pages print on the back of each sheet.

For example, say I have a 8 page document and I want to save paper so I want page 2 on the back side of page 1, page 4 on the back side of page 3, etc.

In microsoft word I do it like this: print 1,3,5,7 then insert the sheets with the page #1 on top and print 8,6,4,2 and the last page in the range which is #2 will print first on the back side of page #1.

It's not working right for some reason and I've already printed 20 pages to figure this simple thing out and my goal was to save paper and ink. What a waste. Please help before I do the unspeakable and use MS Word.

I'm using OpenOffice.org 3.0.1

Thanks.
words
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:33 am    Post subject: My printer doesn't have double-sided printing option Reply with quote

I forgot to mention that fact. Thanks.
mgroenescheij
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I can't remember OO 3.0.1, but in OO 3.3 it will be easy when you select Print from the File Menu:
On the General tab you have at the bottom the option to enter page numbers e.g. 1,3,5,7

Regards,
Martin
howard
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may depend on your printer. If the pages come out of your printer with the last page on top (I think most do, but just to make sure!) turn over the pile and reinsert without changing the order, and print 2,4,6,8.

OR, better, select "front sides" for the first run and "back sides" for the second. (It may also say "left sides" and "right sides" - but I think this is acrobat.) This option appears in the dialogue box you get when you press <CTR + P> - but I'm now using 3.3 and there are different dialogues from 3.0.1 so I cannot tell you exactly where to find this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: