OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

After the Deadlne (AtD) and Language Tool Incompatible?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaina
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: After the Deadlne (AtD) and Language Tool Incompatible? Reply with quote

Hi, everyone:

Can anyone verify that the Language Tool extension and the After the Deadline (AtD) extension for the OO Writer are incompatible? If I go under Tools - Options - Language Settings - Writing Aids - and tick both AtD and Language Tool, when I run a spell check on a doc, only the AtD executes. Then, if I go back to Tools - Options, etc., I see that only AtD is ticked, and Language Tool is unticked, which I did not do. I have to say that it's driving me a bit batty. LOL.

Since these extensions have very different functions and features, I'd like to be able to use them both, ie, to have them run one after another when I do a spell/grammar check.

Is it possible to do this?

I'm using OO 3.2.1 on Windows XP Pro SP3 on an older model HP NC6000 laptop.

TIA

Jaina
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm with OOo3.3 under Windows. It appears to be one or the other.

FWIW, here's a recorded macro that does Tools > Options > Language Settings > Writing Aids. Makes it a bit easier to switch between them. I tied it to the Shift+Space key combo for Writer.

Code:
Sub WritingAids
document   = ThisComponent.CurrentController.Frame
dispatcher = createUnoService("com.sun.star.frame.DispatchHelper")
dispatcher.executeDispatch(document, ".uno:OptionsTreeDialog", "", 0, Array())
End Sub
jaina
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: I Thought So Reply with quote

Hi, John,

I had independently come to the conclusion that a macro was the solution, but wasn't sure how to proceed. Thanks so much for the code. I guess executing a macro isn't so bad to have the functionality I want. I do appreciate your help.

Best regards,

Jaina
jaina
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Need A Bit More Help Reply with quote

Hi, again

I thought I knew what to do with that code snippet for the macro you sent, but I don't. Can you say where I'd find instructions for adding it to OO, and then creating a button or key sequence to execute it? Sorry, I'm really not sure how to proceed.

Regards,

Rita
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What to do with the macro. You will probably want to store this one in My Macros / Standard so it is always available.
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=5519

Tie it to a key combo.
Open a Writer document, Tools > Customize > Keyboard tab, put the bullet in Writer and select a key combo. In the Category box go to the bottom, open the macro item and you should be able the find the macro in User / Standard. Select it and click the Modify button.
jaina
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Works like a charm Reply with quote

Hi,

Just wanted to say thanks for he macro. I eventually figured out what to do with it. I put it on the OO Writer toolbar, so now it's really easy to execute it, and then toggle between After the Deadline and the Language Tool. Best of both worlds. I'm a happy camper! I used to have a client when I was a consultant who always said, "Jaina, you're a GENIUS," when I solved a problem. So let me take this opportunity to say "John V, you're a SUPER-GENIUS!!"

Best regards,

J
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Now I have a BIG-HEAD.
jaina
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Sorry, I Spoke Too Soon Reply with quote

Hi, John:

This is going to sound completely unbelievable, but today the macro isn't working! When I opened OO and tried to exec the macro from the icon I had on the toolbar, I got a really ugly and obscure-sounding error message.

My laptop had been powered off via the Hibernate command, and this happened when I powered it up this morning, opened OO, and tried to edit a document.

I couldn't figure out how to paste in a screen shot of the error, so here's the text of the error message that pops up in a small box on top of the doc:

OpenOffice.org Error - A Scripting Framework error occured while running the basic script vnd.sun.star.script: Standard.Module1.Alternator?language=Basic&location=application.

library: 'Standard'
module: 'module1'
method: 'Alternator'

I went in under Tools - Macros - Organize - Macros, and as far as I can tell, the Alternator macro is missing, so it seems that's why the error is happening. I'm pleased to have figured this out on my own Smile, but aren't sure how to fix it. OO doesn't seem to retain the info regarding the macro once I close it.

I honestly don't understand what happened. Your thoughts would be welcomed.

Regards,

Jaina
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: