OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Updating from 2.2 > 3.3 or 3.4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fionnghal
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 1:52 am    Post subject: Updating from 2.2 > 3.3 or 3.4 Reply with quote

hi folks, I'm afraid this is a very basic question. I'm a bit overdue for upgrading and on reading some of the messages here, i gather doing an upgrade isn't necessarily the best route so i've downloaded the British English OOo 3.3 edition.

Before i run the setup, do i need to uninstall my OOo 2.2 or will it automatically uninstall the old version?

Will it make the leap ok from 2.2 to 3.3?

I've been currently having problems with saving docs, the extensions don't automatically get added tot he saved doc, even though i set it to odt or whatever. if i don't manually type in the .odt, .doc extension or whatever I'm saving it as, the doc won't open afterwards. Sometimes i can add the extension in at that period if i can recall what type of document it was in the first place. However, sometimes it doesn't work leaving me kicking myself for forgetting in the first place.

Thank you fo r your time and trouble

le durachd

Fionnghal
thomasjk
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Before i run the setup, do i need to uninstall my OOo 2.2 or will it automatically uninstall the old version?

The latest version will be installed along side your older version. You can run both until you are satisfied with V3.3. Don't import your preferences, when asked, from V2.2. This can cause corruption of the new profile See http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12426 and http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=37122 for some help.

Quote:
I've been currently having problems with saving docs, the extensions don't automatically get added tot he saved doc, even though i set it to odt or whatever.

Make sure that "Automatic Filename extension" is checked in the save dialog.
fionnghal
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. Your 'extension' suggestion worked fine. i'll now set about the installing v.3.3 and read up these links

thank you for your time & trouble Smile

le durachd

Fionnghal
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: