OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Win2k freezes on starting up any OOo app

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brucel

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 1:32 pm    Post subject: Win2k freezes on starting up any OOo app Reply with quote

Hi, all. Long-time Windows user trying to get started with OpenOffice.org. I have 1.0.3.1 for windows. Have installed fully and all seems to have completed OK. When I try starting any OOo app. Windows freezes... reset button is the only option. I have Win2k with SP3 and all latest patches and Hotfixes installed on an Intel PIII. I have tried a Multi-user install as well with the same results. I have also tried with and without the Quickstarter running, also without success. Any help much appreciated
lucabu
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello brucel,

Windows freezes and this doesn't surprise me...

I have OOo installed in more than 30 PCs. About 20 of them with Win2000 and SP3 installed. We use 1.0.2 and 1.0.1 with both normal and network install, I can't say about 1.0.3 and 1.0.3.1; haven't yet tryed it.

But it Works well for me!

I fear this is a windows issue, and not a OOo one Wink
mcdragon
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 3:47 am    Post subject: Windows freezing Reply with quote

Hi

I have also installed OO (1.0.2) on Windows 2000, most are normal installs and three are multiuser install on a Netware server.

The multiuser installs work slightly slower but that is due to the server load.
I haven't experienced problems you have.

This, as the previous chap noted, could be a windows thing but more lightly Windows in conjunction with another program/service.

Try clearing as most as possible "non-crucial" software and try again.
My experince (nothing to do with OO) was on Internet explorer and foreign code-pages. Some didn't wotk because the user had some free internet crap installed and that caused havoc on his PC (he used WinXP).

Martin
Ljubljana, Slovenia

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like the same problem that I tried to get help with in two different threads below. It may indeed have something to do with the 1.0.3.1 version that has only been available since May 14, 2003.
Newbee-William
Eric

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note-I William the 'guest' am now Eric (the Conqueror).

PS-I hate to think that Bill sees his ship sinking and that out of desperation he has tangled-up the inter-galactic bridge to OO. I am having this problem on an XP-home unit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: