OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

SPREADSHEET ERROR WHEN TRYING TO PRINT SOMETHING W/PICTURE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Misty7750
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:31 am    Post subject: SPREADSHEET ERROR WHEN TRYING TO PRINT SOMETHING W/PICTURE Reply with quote

We just installed OpenOffice in our company and we are having problems printing spreadsheets with our company logo in it.

Please help! Smile
Curtz
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please describe the problem in detail and remember to tell us more about your system, what version of OOo you are using etc.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are using OO 1.1
We are using OO on Windows NT, 2000, XP, Linux, thin clients, fat clients, etc.
We recently converted to OpenOffice and are now having problems printing our company logo in the spreadsheet program (like MS Excel). When we had Excel, it printed just fine. Now when you have a jpg in the spreadsheet, OO throws an error, and closes out the whole program! If I remove the logo, it prints just fine. I even have created a new document with OO Spreadsheet and added the logo (or any other picture), and it does the same thing.
I was able to get it to print on one certain printer. A HP Officejet G series printer (on the network). But when it tries to get printed to any of our other HP printers(on the network) , it throws the error and boots me out of it!
Let me know if you need more information!

Thanks!
Misty
TomG
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
We are using OO 1.1
We are using OO on Windows NT, 2000, XP, Linux, thin clients, fat clients, etc.
We recently converted to OpenOffice and are now having problems printing our company logo in the spreadsheet program (like MS Excel). When we had Excel, it printed just fine. Now when you have a jpg in the spreadsheet, OO throws an error, and closes out the whole program! If I remove the logo, it prints just fine. I even have created a new document with OO Spreadsheet and added the logo (or any other picture), and it does the same thing.
I was able to get it to print on one certain printer. A HP Officejet G series printer (on the network). But when it tries to get printed to any of our other HP printers(on the network) , it throws the error and boots me out of it!
Let me know if you need more information!

Thanks!
Misty

hi!

sorry to hear that, but here (win2000SP3, OOo1.1.0RC3) it works perfectly -> i put a 2mbyte pic into a table of a spreadsheet and printed on a HP LJ5M (network printer with ethernet interface)... OO didn't suicide ...

just fyi, i hope someone can help out...

tom
Misty7750
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears to be a problem with older printers, maybe...It'll print ok to HP OfficeJet G series but not to the HPLJ5. Both are networked printers. One is older then the other. Maybe there's a way to fix this problem with OO? A patch or something???? for older printers...or maybe we are just SOL when printing to the older printers! Smile Don't know!
The Liquidator
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think before you try anything drastic you ought to download the1.1Release candidate. It is a different build altogether (644 versus 641) and you might just find that the issue has been fixed.

Give that a try first.

Ian
jbrains
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: More information Reply with quote

I, too, cannot print a spreadsheet containing a graphic, nor even export it to PDF! In either case, Calc crashes.

OO 1.1 (full release version)
Windows 2000 SP4
Connecting to a shared printer on a LAN; the printer is connected to a Windows 2000 SP4 machine
The graphic is a transparent *.gif

I can print from Excel without problems. I can print if I remove the graphic. Same for exporting to PDF.

I know this is an old thread, but perhaps someone can help....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: