OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

call macro from command line that is in a oocalc file

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plwm2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:52 am    Post subject: call macro from command line that is in a oocalc file Reply with quote

Hi,

Being a very recent user of OpenOffice and having looked through various forum pages, I can't find the solution to my problem which is this:

I've got a spreadsheet called File.ods which has a macro called "Standard.PeterIOMod.PeterIO" which reads in a csv file and outputs a csv file.
However, I want to be able to call this macro from a linux command line. I found out that the following command seems to work:

oocalc "File.ods" "macro://File/Standard.PeterIOMod.PeterIO"

However, this opens the oocalc GUI, and then calls the macro, but it doesn't _close_ the GUI. Of course, I can just kill the oocalc process, but this is far from ideal because I need to call the macro _repeatedly_ from a bash script. Also, I would prefer if the GUI were kept invisible (i'm told that the "-invisible" flag does the trick - however, it doesn't seem to work).

I would be eternally grateful for a swift response!

Thanks in advance.

Peter
Robert Tucker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it may be a Windows problem:

http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22548
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4941
plwm2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in windows command line, I have no such problem because the original spreadsheet is in Excel - and I've got it working perfectly by using a visual basic script to do the opening and closing (and invisibly). However, I need to get it working in Linux - and calling "oocalc -invisible -nologo -headless -norestore" doesn't open oocalc invisibly, and further, oocalc won't close from command line without just simply killing it.

The above is not absolutely essential - another acceptable solution for me would be to open the oocalc document, but from call the macro from Linux command line repeatedly, and then close oocalc manually. If only I could get this to work...
Robert Tucker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have the openoffice.org-headless package installed?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: