OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

installing fonts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skepsis
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:46 am    Post subject: installing fonts Reply with quote

Is there a simple way to install new fonts into Oo-- am using Oo3.2 and Ubuntu 9.10-- the help talks about spadmin and Xservers which mean nothing to me--I have no problems installing them into the Gimp and was hoping for something as uncomplicated for Oo--

I do also have MS with Oo there as well on this computer (to run my older sewing software progs, scanner etc not compatible with Linux); but prefer LInux for general use and Internet. I only use programs -not install them or experiment with settings - so hoping for something uncomplicated if possible-- thks--
probe1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OpenOffice.org uses the fonts that are installed in your system.

Add new fonts using the Font management tools for your Operating System (for example in Microsoft Windows, you add new fonts via Control Panel > Fonts). You may need to restart OpenOffice.org (including the Quickstarter), to see the new fonts in the Font Name list box.

Source: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/FAQ/General/How_can_I_add_fonts_to_OpenOffice%3F

see also: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Fonts
DateTime2 extension: insert date, time or timestamp, formatted to your needs
skepsis
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:20 am    Post subject: installing fonts Reply with quote

thankyou probe1-- so far i've installed them ok with Linux-- The ' home' folder suggestion worked OK as did the font viewer 'install'; and they installed into both Gimp and Open Office. I couldn't use the 'usr-share-font' suggestion as it wouldn't permit me to drag and drop or paste the ttf file! Am wondering why these simple methods don't appear in the 'help' sections.
Have yet to attempt installing them with Microsoft---Usually like someone around when doing something different with MS-- thks again--
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: