OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

SOLVED DSUM function ot working properly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wayne Hammond

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: SOLVED DSUM function ot working properly Reply with quote

I developed a somewhat complex spreadsheet using DSUM to calculate values for maintenance hours each week in Excel. I attempted to open the spreadsheet in Calc several times and the DSUM is not working as intended. I have a large table downloaded from a corporate server and pasted into a worksheet. The table is named and called on another worksheet in a series of values, each having a different value to be totaled. The first row of calculated values is correct, the second and subsequent rows in a series have Err504 in the cells. The strange pat is that the next series is a duplicate of the first as far as appearance goes, the first row appears correct and the next and subsequent rows in that series have Err504. This behavior is the same for the entire sheet.

I went back and reviewed the headers of each line in the DSUM parameters. As it turns out, the header row must contain the same text as the first row in the data table. In Excel, if a cell is blank there is no error, but in Calc, a Err:504 is generated.

Thank's for reviewing the issue.

Last edited by Wayne Hammond on Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Villeroy
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F1 help on <error values, list of> wrote:
Parameter list error
Function parameter is not valid, for example, text instead of a number, or a domain reference instead of cell reference.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: