OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Web pages - frames and line spacing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colinstone
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:54 pm    Post subject: Web pages - frames and line spacing Reply with quote

I am creating some very simple web pages in OOOrg and having a problem with the line spacing in a frame box. My index web page has a graphic in the centre and a column shaped frame each side. In the frames are links to other web pages and to external sites, arranged as a column list, with a CR after each text item. In the frames I have taken out all the line spacing attributes so that the text is single spaced - as this text - in the OOOrg document. However, when viewed in IE or Opera, the text is double spaced. I cannot find or think of the reason that it should be doing this.

Any ideas out there???

TVMIA
David
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Web pages - frames and line spacing Reply with quote

colinstone wrote:
I am creating some very simple web pages in OOOrg and having a problem with the line spacing in a frame box. My index web page has a graphic in the centre and a column shaped frame each side. In the frames are links to other web pages and to external sites, arranged as a column list, with a CR after each text item. In the frames I have taken out all the line spacing attributes so that the text is single spaced - as this text - in the OOOrg document. However, when viewed in IE or Opera, the text is double spaced. I cannot find or think of the reason that it should be doing this.

Any ideas out there???

TVMIA

I can't answer directly without seeing it, but someone else might. However, could you take a look at the code in a simple text editor like Notepad? You might see some coded carriage return there, or some such. I often enough have tweaked a mostly finished product in a text editor. Some freeware editors are better and you can do a search/replace t omake corrections quickly.

David.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: