OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Query records within form

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brettthenry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Query records within form Reply with quote

I am new to OO and am creating my first database for event registration purposes. I have written a simple form for data input and it successfully inputs records into the table. Then, I have created a second form that contains a subform. My intention is to be able to enter a piece of information into this second form and have the subform below pull up all records associated with it.

For instance, if "Joe Smith" from "XYZ" company were to come to the registration counter, I want to be able to type in either his name, a part of his name, or the company name and have the subform populate with everyone else from that company so that I can check them all in.

I have the forms working and the subform recognizing the relationships etc. I cannot figure out the query feature though. I'm hoping someone can help me write this macro and look up the records. Any help is greatly appreciated- I don't really know what I'm doing.
dacm
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps these examples will help:
[Example] Filter/Search with Forms (leveraging SubForms)
[Example] Searching in a form with macros
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: