OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Sorting of data into different fields

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
allenc92

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Sorting of data into different fields Reply with quote

Hi guys, i need your help again :/ i would like to ask if there is by any chance, a way to calculate the amount according to the type, for example, user A has claimed $100 on travelling on 1/1/2011, and $500 on accomodation on 2/1/2011, and claimed another $200 on travelling on 3/1/2011. Can i sort the total amount out according to the type of claims the user made? Like $300 on travelling and $500 on accomodation. Thanks guys Very Happy
mgroenescheij
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Depending if you have defined the Claim Type you can use the SUMPRODUCT() function.

Martin

Edit: Sorry I missed that the question was related to Base

Last edited by mgroenescheij on Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sliderule
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

allenc92:

You said / asked:

allenc92 wrote:
Can i sort the total amount out according to the type of claims the user made? Like $300 on travelling and $500 on accomodation.

Yes you can. This is called an Aggregate Query.

I will assume, based on your words, for each User and Category, you want a SUM for Amount.

Start by making your Query, and, include on the Field line, the User column, the Category column and the Amount column.

For the two columns, User and Category, on the Function line drop-down menu, choose Group . . . and . . . on the Amount column, choose Sum from the Function drop-down list.

Run your Query, and, it will return the Sum for each unique combination of User and Category.

Additionally, if you want, you could SORT ( order ) the results by User and Category, if you so desired.

I hope this helps, please be sure to let me / us know.

Note to Martin: This question was asked in the Base forum, not the Calc forum, so, Calc function SUMPRODUCT() does not apply. Smile

Sliderule

Thanks to add [Solved] in your first post Title ( edit button ) if your issue has been fixed / resolved.
allenc92

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow, i have an error, but i managed to bypass this, by making an additional 2 inputs, the user will have to key in which type of claims he/she is making. Thanks guys for your help ^^
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: