OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

How to Convert a Table from PDF to Excel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bally

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:46 am    Post subject: How to Convert a Table from PDF to Excel Reply with quote

Hi,
I am trying to copy a table from a PDF document to Excel but I can't get it to work for me!
Does anyone have any tips on how to do this successfully?
Thank You
markhoward987

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can use abby fine reader, which is one of the best tool for PDF's or scanned documents conversions to word and excel... Other tools do not have such precise results, even adobe acrobat 9 has too many errors.
To resolve these PDF converting problems, I'd like to share a column about PDF Converter Reviews. This has worked perfectly for me everytime I've tried it.
Hope it can do you a favor.
brownsmith01

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:04 am    Post subject: Re: How to Convert a Table from PDF to Excel Reply with quote

bally wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to copy a table from a PDF document to Excel but I can't get it to work for me!
Thank You

================================================
hello,
You can try this:
http://www.pdftoexcelonline.com/

[Spam signature removed – Robert Tucker, Moderator]
Jimmysteve

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:56 am    Post subject: Convert PDF files of any size and almost any type Reply with quote

Hello,

Your problem is solved,Below is some tips that you can do to Convert PDF to Excel .

Convert long PDF files by applying a "Single Page Structure" to multiple pages - By re-applying a single "page structure", PDF2XL allows you to convert PDF files of any size... On top of that, multiple pages are converted at a speed of 450 pages per minute, which means that even the longest files will be converted in minutes.

Extract data from almost any type of PDF - Documents with different tables on different pages, documents with several tables on a single page, rotated pages, PDFs with tiny or unreadable fonts, PDF documents with a combination of fields and tables, and dozens other types of PDFs.

Use your PDF data in a variety of applications - Aside from Excel, PDF2XL will extract the data to a CSV file (comma separated values) so that it can be uploaded into other applications. You can also export data directly into Microsoft Word, copy it to the clipboard, and to other formats.

And Much More - For Example, PDF2XL allows you to use "layouts" you created for one PDF document to instantly convert other (similar) documents. PDF2XL also allows you to work efficiently by using over 20 "little" productivity features.
DonaldEdna
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I have done it, I have used the "text select" tool in Acrobat Reader to select the table. then past into Excel, where it will usually paste it as text in a single column. Then use the "text to columns" command on the Data menu to parse the data into columns.

Thanks in advance.
Donald
marjorieobryan

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: How to Convert a Table from PDF to Excel Reply with quote

bally wrote:
Hi,
Thank You

The best way to do that is to get whoever publishes the data in PDF to send it to you in Excel format, or in another common format such as csv (comma-separated values). Any process that involves a conversion will generally involve some level of checking, though you should be able to decrease the level as the system proves itself.

Removed spammy signature - floris v, moderator
minibooksharemark

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Advanced PDF Converter 6.0 Reply with quote

You may follow this way:
1. convert pdf to word.
2. copy word to excel
I recommned you use this tool:
Advanced PDF Converter 6.0
I had download its free trail from here:
http://www.advancedpdfconverter.com/products/pdfconverter.html
joycee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: How to Convert a Table from PDF to Excel Reply with quote

bally wrote:
Hi,
Thank You

Actually most pdf converters don't do a great job on converting PDF to excel.
The best one you should try is Adobe Acrobat. Which should bring you the best result. But I have to say it's expensive.

Besides that I think there are still third party tools could help in cost-effects way. Not expensive, less functions but enough for normal users.
Take a shot, this one performs well as a PDF Converter.

Both of them lead to the same way. I hope.
xw227751

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: How to Convert a Table from PDF to Excel Reply with quote

bally wrote:
Hi,
Thank You

Do not worry, in fact, this is a small problem, you can easily solve, I recommend you a PDF authoring tool, OX PDF Creator Can quickly deal with this problem, there are more frequently used format conversion, add watermark ah or print settings.
You can try this function is very powerful PDF software, there are those functions that you say, you can learn from it and see that you have no help.
More useful Software please visit the Web site:
http://www.oxpdf.com/pdf-creator.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: