OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Information on binary file format (.sdc)?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perls255

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: Information on binary file format (.sdc)? Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

I have a "corrupt" StarCalc file (.sdc) that does not open any more neither in StarOffice 5.2 nor in OpenOffice (the "select filter" dialog pops up); there is no backup file Crying or Very sad

Using a hex editor and some Perl, I am able to extract the "plain" information in the binary file (Dates stored as Doubles, Strings stored as strings with given length), but I was not able to find out how to get the formulas back.
As OpenOffice can import sdc files and as OpenOffice is open source, there must be some kind of information on the internal sdc binary file format (at least the actual import filter), but I was not able to find any of that information in the web.

Can anybody help me with some documentation (even source code accepted Wink) about that .sdc file format??

Thank you very much in advance,

Stephan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: