OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Recommended online training for advanced typesetting?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ErikJon
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Recommended online training for advanced typesetting? Reply with quote

Hello, friends.

My question is not about how to use OpenOffice Writer exactly, but more generally, how to work with automated features such as styles, outlining, tables of contents, indices, and possibly footnotes.

I used to work in graphic design, and prepared lots of visual projects and even a few short booklets of text, but never had the opportunity to work with books of more than fifty pages, or other long documents that would require such extensive planning and preparation of styles and these other things mentioned.

Although I am a native English speaker, I live in a Spanish-speaking environment where books in English are hard to find at any price. Can you therefore recommend to me several online sources (or PDFs) that could provide training in this area, particularly sources that are free of charge? (I have already downloaded the OpenOffice Writer manual).

Thank you so much for taking the time to offer your suggestions.
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=20390
ErikJon
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate the suggestion, but there was not much information there. The link takes me to a forum discussion about preparing the documentation for OpenOffice, and I already have the PDF manual myself. My interest is in the more advanced principles of typesetting in general, mentioned above.

Anyone else?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: