OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

File password not working & modified date incorrect

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bostontiger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:41 pm    Post subject: File password not working & modified date incorrect Reply with quote

It is actually two document files that I have been creating and editing over hte past two weeks. Each time I walk away from computer, I exit both files and when I return, have been opening normally with a high-strength password that I use as a password for my most secure files (no chance of not remembering or typing incorrectly - worked correctly on these files probably 50+ times.)

When I couldn't open the docs, I started searching through the computer to see if I could open autosaved versions, went to the file via the system rather than through the open dialog box, etc. and noticed that the files are both show erroneous "last modified" times and dates, different dates and times with both actually before the files were initiall created.

I am lost for what is going on. Has anyone heard of a virus that might cause this problem? I have several other files on the computer that are encrypted with the same password and they seem to be fine (though I haven't worked on them in a while.) I made copies with no encryption when testing, just in case something happens, but no problems yet.

Thanks for any help or thoughts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: