OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Paragraph starting 1 cm from page margin after heading: how?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToVeR
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Paragraph starting 1 cm from page margin after heading: how? Reply with quote

I am having a paragraph indent problem.
I am using three heading levels and after the first two levels, my paragraph starts right from the left margin of the page. At the third level, things are a little different. The third heading is relatively far from the left page margin, so I want the text not too far away from the heading. Therefore I want the paragraph text to start 1 centimetre from the left page margin, only when following Heading 3. There is no other paragraph edition needed, just all the text in that paragraph needs to start 1 cm from the left margin.

So, I have started by creating a Heading 3, and because I need another indent for the text in the paragraph following this heading, I created a different body text entry in the paragraph styles. But the problem is, and somehow I think it is a stupid problem, I do not manage to get the text to start at 1 cm from the left margin. It always starts at the left side of the page, from the page margin, not from where I want it to start.

Can anyone tell me how to get this right?
ToVeR
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solved the issue myself.
Just did something wrong with the application of the style to the text.
Just made a new style, based on body text, but with an "indent before text" of 1,00 cm.

Problem gone!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: