OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

From constant crashing to...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FredMT
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: From constant crashing to... Reply with quote

I run OO on an AMD Athlon machine with 512 MB ram, 1.4 GHz processor and nVidia twin view setup under Fedora Core 4. My problem was that OO use to constantly crash. I thought this was either a fault in my hardware of a software bug but in any case, I set my computer to save every two minues. Also the bug report dial box wouldn't allow me sendng a bug report.

I updated my system a few days ago and have found yet another problem. My dictionary is gone; not the spellcheck BUT the part where you enter incorrect spelling and the corrected word. It was accessible through TOOLS -> AUTO CORRECT. There are four items available there: EXCEPTIONS, OPTIONS, CUSTIOM QUOTES and WORD COMPLETION [u]but not this feature.[/u]

I had built up a vast library of mis-spelt words, which aided me whenever I am writing but now, there are gone.

Can anyone help?[/i]
9point9

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this with the version of OOo that came with Fedora? If it is, blame Fedora as they made a mess of OOo 2.0 with GCC 4.0. Ditch the Fedora version and install the official OOo build.

OOoSVN, change control for OOo documents:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ooosvn/
FredMT
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Mess with OO... Reply with quote

9point9 wrote:
Is this with the version of OOo that came with Fedora? If it is, blame Fedora as they made a mess of OOo 2.0 with GCC 4.0. Ditch the Fedora version and install the official OOo build.

How do I uninstall OO?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: