OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Put buttons in an entire column for an action on their rows?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickalopogus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject: Put buttons in an entire column for an action on their rows? Reply with quote

I'd like to fill every cell in a column with a button(or a hyperlink, whatever) that when pressed moves everything in its row one spot to the right ( the spot to the immediate right of the button/whatever becomes blank). Preferrably the cursor would end up in this blank cell ready for data entry but that is secondary.

I've managed to do this for one row by recording a macro that inserts a blank cell ( thereby moving everything else to the right) then inserting a button and assigning it to this macro but its too time consuming to do for 150+ cells.

I've fooled around with formulas quite a bit in excel/open office but just can't wrap my head round this problem and don't understand enough about the buttons.

Thanks.
nickalopogus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Follow up Reply with quote

Well I've worked out how to fill a whole column with buttons. its just Edit->Fill->Down as it is for formulas etc. I had tried it before my original post and it didn't work for some reason but it works now. Now I just need to figure out the "move cells one spot to the right" part of it.

I've realised that it probably has to be a macro to do this, I've been looking at the fomulas and they seem to act only on data in the cells etc. not on the cells themselves I found this http://www.translate.org.za/download/translatethon/openoffice-glossary-as.csv which lists some sort of Open Office commands but I can't work out how to use them. It includes "Insert Cells Right" which seems to be what I want.

I would paste the original macro I recorded in here but it's a dogs breakfast; I think it would serve only to confuse. However there is one part of it which is pertinent

Code:
dispatcher.executeDispatch(document, ".uno:InsertCell", "", 0, args3())

because it seems to be the actual bit that does the inserting.

Looks like I'm gonna have to learn some VB (that's what this stuff is right?). Any tips/tricks/resources would be much appreciated. I'm gonna go googling now Smile
_Yiba_
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly suggest you post your question in the Macros and API section. You'll be a lot more likely to get an answer there.
DannyB

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote a new example here.
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=53737#53737
See if this answers your question.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: