OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Web page view

View previous topic :: View next topic  
David
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:09 am    Post subject: Web page view Reply with quote

Using IExplorer v6......: Not all of the time, but some of the time, if "Favorites" are listed, there is not a full scren view in the right pane. In order to log in, the Favs have to be closed, then reopened afterwards. Is this a website problem or an IE problem? It would be easy if consistent, but it doesn't seen to be [unless I'm having a 'senior moment' and it's too early i nthe morning.]

Thanks.

David.
David
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:25 am    Post subject: Re: Web page view Reply with quote

David wrote:
Using IExplorer v6......: Not all of the time, but some of the time, if "Favorites" are listed, there is not a full scren view in the right pane. In order to log in, the Favs have to be closed, then reopened afterwards. Is this a website problem or an IE problem? It would be easy if consistent, but it doesn't seen to be [unless I'm having a 'senior moment' and it's too early i nthe morning.]

Thanks.

David.

I just logged in again, and this time the entire page was visible in the right frame of Explorer, with Favorites showing in the left frame. This is not a frantic problem, I'm just curious.

David.
r_vinoya
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also use IE6... sometimes the web page looks like this:

If you can notice the window is maximized yet the page is not on full screen view
avantman42
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect the problem is images. The home page displays the most recent posts. If any of these posts include images, then the central column resizes to accomodate the image. If the image is sufficiently wide, then you will need to scroll horizontally in order to see the right column.

This has been discussed before:
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1326&highlight=image+front

Russ
DannyB

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

avantman42 wrote:
I suspect the problem is images. The home page displays the most recent posts. If any of these posts include images, then the central column resizes to accomodate the image. If the image is sufficiently wide, then you will need to scroll horizontally in order to see the right column.

Seems like a vulnerability to me. Just imagine what "page widening trolls" could do. Especially, back in the day before registration was required to post.

Recipie....
Just create one tiny graphic on your side, 1 pixel high, by 1 pixel wide.
Randomly append posts to board, where each post contains an html "img" tag that specifies the url to your teensy graphic, but specified a height of 1 and a width of 1 Zillion. (Or even try making the height also be 1 Jillion.) The user's web browser will dutifully display the 1x1 pixel graphic stretched to a 1 Zillion x 1 Jillion resolution.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Site Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: