OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

[OOo 1.9.58] Image reloading issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Masklinn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: [OOo 1.9.58] Image reloading issue Reply with quote

I have a slight image problem with Writer, using OOo 1.9.58.
I've done a search on the bugzilla but it didn't yield anything, and the forum search gave me 1 related thread but which didn't have any interresting answer (only one answer anyway)

When saving a document with many images as OOT (OpenOffice Text), about 9 times out of 10 when reloading it the images will either
  • Have completely disappeared from the document (as if they had never existed)
  • Refuse to print with a nice "Unable to load ..." message

In both cases, the file before loading is large enough to hold the image, but if i save it the file will become as tiny as if it was imageless.[/list]

This is a very annoying issue as all the images of the file have to be reinserted everytime the document is opened.

A side part of the issue is that the file from which the image was inserted cannot be deleted/moved, as it will bring the aforementionned issues 10 times out of 10.

So i'd like to know:
  • Is this a known issue?
  • Has it already been submitted to bugzilla (i haven't found it, but i may have missed it)
  • If not, should i submit it?

Thank you for your attention.
r_vinoya
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Here are some links in this forum:

Same prblem, no solution:
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4297&highlight=image+link

Same problem, different forum (impress), suggest linking graphics:
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2982&highlight=insert+graphic+link

Is this a known issue?
Yes

[Has it already been submitted to bugzilla (i haven't found it, but i may have missed it)
If not, should i submit it?

Not sure if this is what you want: http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=16297
Masklinn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the answer.
The 2 forum links are pretty much right on the issue, the Bugzilla link is on Impress and has been considered fixed but i see a comment on Writer and one saying that if there is a problem affectir Writer a new entry has to be inputted.
So i guess i'll check BZ one more time when back from work and write an entry if i still don't find anything.

Thank you very much for your help r_vinoya
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: