OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

"archive is not supported"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cousinkalau

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: "archive is not supported" Reply with quote

I tried to download OOo v1.1.3 on my Windows NT system. I saved it to the desktop and double clicked on the .exe file but I get a message "archive is not supported". I downloaded the latest version of 7-zip after that, even though on the open office site it says you don't need to and I still get the same message.
Can anybody help me, please?
Fortinbras
OOo Enthusiast
OOo Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run OOo1.1.3 on Win98se.
My guess is that your file got damaged one way or the other. Try downloading the zip-file instead, and give it another try. (a zip file is safer anyhow, compared to exe-files)
7-zip should do the trick, but I prefer Total Commander (just run it through google to find it).
When honour's at the stake.
ZenWarrior
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: X-Post (Same problem here.) Reply with quote

I have the very same problem. "Archive not supported." Nothing with 7-Zip. Java tested and working. Using WinXPSP1 Home.

So where is the zip version. I can't find it.
deputyvaughn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the same problems. Still haven't solved them. I'm running Windows XP (home) sp2.

Any suggestions welcome.

Scott
ZenWarrior
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Problem solved: Cache too small. Reply with quote

Too small a Temp Internet files folder in I.E. That was my problem. And it may be a problem with this particular installation. I have my I.E. Temporary Internet files folder set to only 25MB. Well, that's exactly how much of the download I received. The download does not appear broken, but is obviously incomplete since it doesn't work. I tried downloading in Firefox, where my internet cache is set to 48MB and had no problems. Just extra FYI, my I.E. Temp Internet files folder consists of a 25MB RAM disk. I have not tried increasing its size or using a 25MB or larger folder on my standard hard drive. Feedback?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: