OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Odd and Even Page Headers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xeerex
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Odd and Even Page Headers Reply with quote

Hi all,

I working in Writer and need to have a header that "alternates" for odd and even pages. This is so the pages can be printed on both sides and offset the header. Here is a screen shot of what I'd like to do. I know I can do this with page styles, but I don't want to have to apply a page style "manually" unless there is no other choice.

PC / Software Help || Software Training || Free PC Newsletter!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AntonioFabio82
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Odd and Even Page Headers Reply with quote

xeerex wrote:
Hi all,

I working in Writer and need to have a header that "alternates" for odd and even pages. This is so the pages can be printed on both sides and offset the header. Here is a screen shot of what I'd like to do. I know I can do this with page styles, but I don't want to have to apply a page style "manually" unless there is no other choice.

An "on the fly" reponse: use "next page style".
For odd style, set the even style, and for the even style, set the odd style.
Hope this help. Someone who knows another way to do this? This is a very common task...
xeerex
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Antonio.

I've found the "easy" way to do it though. I guess I should have read the help just a tad more. Now I'm on my way to figuring out the page numbering.

=============================
You can also choose Format - Page, click the Header or Footer tab, and then select Header on or Footer on. Clear the Same content left/right check box if you want to define different headers and footers for even and odd pages.
===========================
PC / Software Help || Software Training || Free PC Newsletter!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: