OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Can Right Click Context Menu Be Changed in OO 3.1 Writer?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaina
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Can Right Click Context Menu Be Changed in OO 3.1 Writer? Reply with quote

Hi, everyone:

I think I know the answer to this, but I'm posting just for confirmaltion. When I'm in an OO Writer 3.0 doc and I want to do a cut and paste, I select the text and choose Copy from the Edit menu. Then to paste, I right click on the doc and select Paste from the context menu and it takes an inordinately long time (minute or two) to do the paste. Can anyone say why this is so? I find the right click context menu to be quite handy and would like to know if there's a solution for this issue. If there isn't, can you say how to remove the Paste choice from that menu? My OO is 3.3.0. On the About page it has this entry: OOO33m20 Build 9567.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Rita
mgroenescheij
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Without seeing the document we can't give an answer on why it takes two minutes to Paste new data in your document.
Possible causes could be:
    A very long document that need reformatting
    Use of long tables
    Corrupt document
    Very old PC

There is no way to remove the Paste option from the context menu.

Martin
jaina
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Thanks! One More Thing... Reply with quote

Hi, Martin:

Thanks for the reply. My computer is ridiculously old Smile, so that might be the problem.

I did find a post in the OO forum that seems like it might solve the problem, but I don't quite understand it. Can you take look at it? The address is:

http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24387

Regards,

Jaina
mgroenescheij
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I never will advice to manually change / clean the Registry unless your an expert.
Cleaning the Registry can improve the performance of your PC, but ask yourself first if you have problems with the specific Writer doc from your first Post or is it with all OpenOffice documents.
Are the problems related to OpenOffice of your PC in general.
Only if you have performance problems in general it's worth to get a Registry cleaning program.

Martin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: