OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

brochure print too small

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexiszeigler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: brochure print too small Reply with quote

So I am trying to print a multi-page brochure, a number of them actually. I found some instructions and followed them. I set document to landscape, set print options. Print output is very small and only covers half the page. Same on Brother printer and HP printer.
Anybody got any clues?
alexis
cwchia
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without more information I do not think any could assist here. Tell us more about your computer (OS-Windows, Linux, Mac etc) OOo version ( you may see from Help-About OpenOffice.org from within OOo), exact printer model and driver used (not so much problem under Windows here but in Linux you will be spoiled with too many choices), and most important, describe the actual problem in details. Is the printout page still in portrait or has it change to landscape?

You say print output is very small and only covers half a page- I assume that you are using the n-up print feature from the File-Preview mode? and the printout remained in portrait but have 2 pages printed side by side on the top portin of the printout like this?

Code:

|---------------------------------------|
|...................|...................|
|.......Page........|.......Page........|
|.........A.........|.........B.........|
|                   |                   |
|      BLANK        |    BLANK          |
alexiszeigler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: sort of fixed it Reply with quote

Yeah, sorry for not giving much info. After working on it all day, I have kind of fixed it at this point, at least sort of. The main thing I figured out is that the brochure feature breaks the page where ever the page is already broken in the normal layout, and shrinks the page quite a lot. To compensate, I pushed the font all the way up to 20 pt, which yeilds something that looks like 13 pt (?) once printed as a brochure. Then I told the computer that the page was 13.5 inches (actually 8.5X11). With those contortions, it works. Your graphic of how the pages looked previously was acurate.
To answer the other questions:
OS Win 2000 (will all current updates)
Openoffice 1.1.1
Printer HP 5L
Same behavior on Brother HL 1040

I am happy to have it work, but it seems odd to have to stand on one's head to get it to work...
alexis
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: