OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Improving the confernece message edito

View previous topic :: View next topic  
David
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:03 am    Post subject: Improving the confernece message edito Reply with quote

I noted while back that if you forget to encode soem text with underlining or other attributes, it is difficult to do that with the text already in place. Any attempt to enter the code causes it to appear at the end of the already typed text. For example, it would be useful to be able to select text, then, as I tpye this for example, select to underscore, and have tha done. However it will not happen. There is a way around it: Go back to the text and actually type in a leading and ending underscore code before and after the required text. I just did that above.

The ability to select with the mouse, then select the attribute code from the list would be much simpler, although there are few codes to remember.

David.
dpeach
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a phpBB problem (the software used to run the site). I would assume that this is an older version of the software since it is copyrighted 2003. It may be fixed in a newer version, but I don't know that for sure.

You can dig around at http://www.phpbb.com to see if that has been fixed and then suggest to the admins which version would correct the problem. Then let them know of all the security patches that will have to be applied to get it secure. Which is probably the reason they are still working on last year's version. Which is why my bulletin board is still from back in 2002. Smile Scared to upgrade. It works, don't break it.

That said. phpBB being what it is, you could actually write code that will correct the problem (if someone has not done it already).

I am not critical of the suggestion, and I would really like to see that fixed too. But I am unable/unwilling to go through the research that I am suggesting. Therefore, I will keep making it work as is.

dpeach
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Site Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: