OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Wrong user name when opening file already Opened by OOo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HodgesBadge

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:49 am    Post subject: Wrong user name when opening file already Opened by OOo Reply with quote

In my network environment, I have users that use MS Office XP - 2010, as well as users that use OOo 3.3. Here is a scenario that has been brought to my attention and after testing, it happens every time.

Everytime a user using MS Office attempts to open up a .doc file or excel file that is already open by a user using OOo, the MS Office user gets message stating that the file is "already locked for editing" and its states the user who is locking it.

However, the user that OOo states is locking the file is ALWAYS either the wrong user or "unknown User". For instance lets say "Tom", a MS Office user, is trying to open an excel sheet on a server. However he get a message that the file is already locked by "Bill", but come to find out, Bill doesn't have the file opened . . . he never even knew it existed.

I eventually find our that its "Brian"(a OOo user) who has it opened. Why is this happening? It happens in the opposite way as well. If Brian, the OOo user, tries to open a .doc or excel file that is already opened by a MS Office user, he gets message stating that its locked by "unknown User".

Please help!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: