OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

[SOLVED] Problem loading pictures from an installed scanner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Olanho
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:56 am    Post subject: [SOLVED] Problem loading pictures from an installed scanner Reply with quote

I have installed a SCANWISE based Agfa scanner on my laptop, but trying to load pictures from it, fails, telling about lacking files etc. Any solution?

Last edited by Olanho on Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
mgroenescheij
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Load where?
Please give some more information, OS OpenOffice, LibreOffice or MS Office version.
Olanho
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:42 am    Post subject: Problem loading pictures from an installed scanner Reply with quote

Agfa snapscan touch, Windows vista home premium, Openoffice .
After re-installing all my software after HDD-crasj, it is not possible to load pictures from the scanner into a document in Openoffice. But running the scanner by directly accessing the Scanwise software works perfectly.

When accessing the menu choice to import a picture from the scanner, after first having confirmed the Scanwise based scanner as the source, I get the Scanwise opening window, but immediately it becomes covered by an error window, telling "Some components are missing. Please re-install the application with the correct scanner".

What I've tried: Removed Openoffice completely (also remains in registers and remaining catalogs - and then re-installed.
When installing, there were no question about installing a scanner. But Oo had obviously registered it as the Scanwise is set up as a choice, as explained above.

It reminds me that when installing Oo first time some years ago, I had to access Oo as an administrator, which I also did this time.

I've got the same problem with Photoshop Elements.
floris_v

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is probably missing is an interface between OOo and your scan software. Try to save your scanned images to a file (JPG or another graphics format), then insert the file in your OOo documents. That's safer as well - if your file gets corrupted, you'd lose the file and the scanned graphic.
Olanho
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Problem loading pictures from an installed scanner Reply with quote

Thanks for the answer. But unfortunately I'm not able to consider your suggestion as a solution. To scan and save an image to a file, and then insert the file in a document is no problem. The problem is to get Oo to find the actual missing files so I can insert directly. As I've have had that possibility for years, tells me that a solution exists. Who can help?
mgroenescheij
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

If you can see your scanner as a device in your windows explorer you should be able to select Insert --> Picture .. Scan ... Request which should start your scan software.
If this doesn't work there's probably something wrong with the installation of your scan software.

Martin
Olanho
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: [SOLVED] Problem loading pictures from an installed scanner Reply with quote

Yesterday I posed the following question to a skillful friend, "Where have the missing files to be placed to be found of OOo?",. And he gave me this solution:
In the old DOS OS there was a command called PATH. It is still there, both in Vista and W7! To find it,
1. right-click Computer, choose Properties.
2. Find Tasks.
3. Choose Advanced system settings.
4. Down in the pop-up window (system capabilities), click Environment variables.
5. In the next pop-up window, scroll down the variables window til you find PATH.
6. Then choose Edit and write the path you want to add, starting with a ';'.

According to my question, I pasted in the path to my scanners directory. That worked: OOo found the necessary files!
So, as far as scanning images directly into any OOo-document concerns, the solution is found.
But the solution did not help about Photoshop Elements, still that software cant find even the scanner. But about that problem I have to visit another forum.

Thanks for answers! Very Happy Very Happy
Olanho
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] Problem loading pictures from an installed scanner Reply with quote

I,ve writtn Solved, as described, but it becomes not shown in the heading.
Olanho
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] Problem loading pictures from an installed scanner Reply with quote

A solution for PSE is also found.
Try this link: http://www.elementsvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61260
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: