OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

PDF Forms that are Fillable Emailable Saveable

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmountan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: PDF Forms that are Fillable Emailable Saveable Reply with quote

My objective with Oo3.2 Write is to create a PDF form I can email, have it completed and emailed back with data or allow client to save the completed form so as to be able to attach it as an email back to me or print it.

I have succeeded in creating the fillable form with a submit button. The Form Properties include a "mailto:myname@myserver.com" with no URL in the button properties. I exported as PDF with FDF format.

When form is completed by client and submit button is hit, the form is not returned.

The client can save the data and attach it to an email to me. When data is received by me, I must browse to find the form into which the data is dropped on my end.

What am I missing or doing wrong ? Is there an explanation some where how to create such a form that can be submitted via email or can be saved and attached to an email for return ?

Thanks

Question Question
tosuch

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject: PDF Forms that are Fillable Emailable Saveable Reply with quote

Don,

You don't mention if you are using the Adobe Reader (or some other tool) to open and submit the PDF form.

The process you describe is correct - the Adobe Reader only submits the data not the entire PDF.

One option available if you want to fill, email and save the PDF is to - Enable Usage Rights for Adobe Reader which allows users to do what you are after i.e save the PDF and email it. You will however, need the full version of Acrobat to do this.

Other PDF viewers may provide their own mechanisms.

If you Google - Enable Usage Rights PDF you should get enough information to understand how this works.

Hope this helps.

tosuch
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: