OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

[SOLVED] Putting in Scrollbars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UmTheMuse
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: [SOLVED] Putting in Scrollbars Reply with quote

Sorry, this is probably really simple. I was trying to follow a beginner's guide to Base when I ran into a problem. The booklet instructed me to take a memo field and put in vertical scrollbars. Here's a cut-and-paste of the instructions:

1) Control+click the Misc. Notes field. The green handles should surround the field but not its label.
2) Click the Control icon to open the Properties window (Figure 28)
3) Scroll down to the Scrollbars setting. Change the selection from None to Vertical in this dropdown list.

I followed the instructions, but the scrollbars setting was grayed out. Any idea what I'm missing?

Btw, I am using LibreOffice, not OpenOffice, but they should be the same, right?

EDIT: Looking over the picture that the guide provided, I changed one of the other options to match: I changed "single-line" to "multi-line." Lo and behold, it now let me put in vertical scrollbars. Huzzah! Now, I just would like to know why this worked. Thanks!

Last edited by UmTheMuse on Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:50 am; edited 2 times in total
mgroenescheij
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Quote:
I changed "single-line" to "multi-line." ...., I just would like to know why this worked.
It worked because you selected multi-line, there is no need to scroll on a single line.

Martin
UmTheMuse
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, in retrospect, that looks obvious. So, what would you use single line for? I mean, there's no point in forcing it to be a single line if there aren't enough characters. So you would have to want a long string to show up on a single line for the setting to make sense, right?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: