OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Standalone Form Filtering to Another Standalone Form

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cazbym
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: Standalone Form Filtering to Another Standalone Form Reply with quote

Hi,

I have been trying to adapt a macro supplied on this forum by dacm 'OpenFormFilter4' to link two forms.

I have two forms: "CashBook" and "VIEW_Transactions" as named in the Forms section of my .odb

The host form "CashBook" consists of a main form and subform with a Table Control.
In Form Navigator: MainForm - SubForm - TableControl.

The field I wish to filter on is a text field whose control property name is "TxtTransID" in the subform table . The data is the Primary Key "TransID" of a table "Transactions" ie not a list box.

The form I wish to filter on "VIEW_Transactions" has a main form with a table control and a subform with a table control.

The MainForm (MainForm) contains a Table (MainForm_Grid) which contains a field "TransID" whose property name is also "TransID". I am trying to filter the main form.

I have created a pushbutton in the subform of my host form and assigned the macro to the Execute action event.

Code:

Sub OpenFormFilter_4 (oEvent As Object) 'assign this macro to Push Button > Events > Execute
   oForm = oEvent.Source.Model.Parent
   iID=oForm.getByName("Table Control").getByName("TxtTransID").text
   ThisDatabaseDocument.FormDocuments.getByName("VIEW_Transactions - MainForm - MainForm_Grid").close
   oForm2 = ThisDatabaseDocument.FormDocuments.getByName("VIEW_Transactions")
   oForm2.Open
   oForm3 = oForm2.Component.DrawPage.Forms.getByName("MainForm")
   oForm3.Filter="( ""VIEW_Transactions"".""TransID"" = " & iID & " )"
   oForm3.ApplyFilter=True
   oForm3.Reload()
End Sub

This falls over at iID=oForm.getByName - no such element exception.

Last edited by cazbym on Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
cazbym
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Standalone Forms Filtering to Other Standalone Form - Macro Reply with quote

I found the error. I mistakenly assumed that the line

Code:

ThisDatabaseDocument.FormDocuments.getByName("Address - SubForm - Text Box").close

was a hierarchy of some sort, then realised that it was the actual name of the Form!!Rolling Eyes

Have now corrected in my macro and all runs well from a Database Form to open and filter 2nd Database Form. Thankyou dacm.

I am now trying to convert this to work with standalone documents linked to the database, and so far have this:

Code:

Sub   OpenFormFilter_4 (oEvent As Object) 'assign this macro to Push Button > Events > Execute
   oForm = oEvent.Source.Model.Parent 'get the host Form object from the Push Button's Execute Event
   iID=oForm.getByName("TableControl").getByName("TransID").text
   cFile = "C:\Users\Public\Documents\LCE FORMS\VIEW_Transactions.odt"
   cUrl = ConvertToURL( cFile )
   oForm2 = StarDesktop.loadComponentFromURL( cUrl, "_blank", 0, Array() ).close
   oForm2.Open
   oForm3 = oForm2.Component.DrawPage.Forms.getByName ("MainForm")
   oForm3.Filter="( ""Transactions"".""TransID"" = " & iID & " )"
   oForm3.ApplyFilter=True
   oForm3.Reload()
End Sub

I get an "Illegal argument exception - argument lens differ" on line "oForm2=StarDesktop.....", but it does open a blank copy of my file. All files are in the same folder "LCE FORMS" in my file system

I keep reading stuff but am not getting any brighter. I have read Andrew Pitonyak's doc and looked at the threads here regarding URLs but am none the wiser. I am sure lots of non coders like me would want this macro.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: