OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

drop down menu items missing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
waky53

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject: drop down menu items missing Reply with quote

sometimes when I start open office & click on spreadsheet (or just click on a spreadsheet icon) when the blank spreadsheet open & I click any menu item along the top I don't get the dropdown items, there are only an up & down arrow.
If I click on the arrow it brings up the document recovery box & when I finish that all the menu drop downs are there.
A while ago this happened virtually every time I opened the program so I re-installed & it has been OK for a couple of weeks, but now it is starting again.
Any idea what the problem is?

PS this did not just occur with spreadsheets but in writer & presemtation as well, I just mainly use Calc.

Regards David
probe1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reset your user profile

Described here: http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12426
DateTime2 extension: insert date, time or timestamp, formatted to your needs
robbglass

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:30 am    Post subject: Profile Edit / Emoticons Reply with quote

Tools ( in menu bar ) drop-down menu does not include "options"

I display "profile": OO.org/Preferences/OO.org. "OO.org" drop-down occupies most of the space of the panel and must be collapsed in order to adjust other settings - Load/Save through Internet.

Most adjustments exceed my understanding but I am pleased now that emailed videos, either attached or embedded, now have sound tracks. For years I've just clicked through slide shows. Very Happy Very Happy !!

The " Very Happy Very Happy" result from twice inserting the very happy emoticon. Will emoticons appear as alpha characters or can they be displayed as graphics ?

( Follow up moments after posting above ) Seeing my post, emoticons display clearly as graphics.

Really like being able to edit even after posting - sort of like permanent preview.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: