OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Suppress page number on first page

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tony

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 2:35 pm    Post subject: Suppress page number on first page Reply with quote

I would like to know how to suppress page numbers on the first (cover) page if I place the page number in the footer.

Up to now I used to place a white box on the 1 that is shown on the first page, but I believe there has to be a smarter solution because some printers ignore this white box and do print it anyhow.

I am working with OpenOffice 1.0.3.1.

Thank you in advance.
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a prior answer:

Quote:
The contents of the header/footer are part of the Page Style so the way to do this is to use two different page styles.

Open a new doc, open the Stylist, click the Page Style icon, right click the First Page style, click Modify and then the Organizer tab. Set Next Stlye to something - here we will use Default and OK out.

In the Stylist double click Default so that its name shows up in the Status bar. Right click, Modify, Header tab and turn the header on. Check the Organizer tab to make sure that the Next Style is set to Default and OK out. Click in the header and insert the page number.

Back in the Stylist again (sorry, I couldn't resist) double click First Page and close the Stylist. Your done unless you are like me. I don't like page numbers on the first page of most anything so I would save this as my Default Template.
JohnV
tony

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! Thanks a lot JohnV

Regards, Tony
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: