OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Printing 6.75 & 10 envelopes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jl747

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Printing 6.75 & 10 envelopes Reply with quote

Printing 6.75 & 10 envelopes

I have searched for an answer and read and tried a number of possible solutions but none have worked.

This is whats happening.

I open Writer and go to Insert Envelope. I then pick out Format after entering Addressee - I then pick the Printer tab and select Print from the bottom and then select the picture that matched my printers Envelope format (Flap up on left side- envelope enters from the right side of printer).

I can not seem to get it to printer on the envelope. It keeps wanting to print on the left side (where there IS no envelope).

I even tried to print it as a PDF and still no luck.

LO 3.5 Beta 3
Windows XP
HP Deskjet 6122

This is how it formatted in MS Word
http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac69/jl747/Misc%20Screen/Envelopeformat.jpg
printchesco

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried this: Open File > Print, select the printer, then click the Properties button next to it. The setup window for that printer will appear. In the tab for Paper or (something like it), you'll see a field where you will pick the paper size. Instead of Letter, select Envelope 10 instead. This will work for normal fullsized envelopes. Click OK, then click OK to print. If this doesn't work, try inserting the envelope in a number of different ways until it lines up properly.

Removed spammy signature - floris v, moderator
jl747

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

printchesco wrote:
Have you tried this: Open File > Print, select the printer, then click the Properties button next to it. The setup window for that printer will appear. In the tab for Paper or (something like it), you'll see a field where you will pick the paper size. Instead of Letter, select Envelope 10 instead. This will work for normal fullsized envelopes. Click OK, then click OK to print. If this doesn't work, try inserting the envelope in a number of different ways until it lines up properly.

Removed spammy signature - floris v, moderator

Thanks for your help but your possible solution does and did not work.
huygens1962

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been having similar problems with my center-fed printer.

What I did was tried the envelope wizard for a few hours, downloaded an updated version of the printer driver, spend another hour or two with the wizard and got nowhere. My address data was skewed to one corner, making much of it miss the envelope.

So I took a different approach.

I set up my envelope on an 8½ x 11 sheet, landscape. I put the return address and addressee in separate frames. I them set the page margins to be the size of a 6¾ envelope, centered on the landscape center line and pushed towards one end.

Now my one-off envelopes print perfectly.

Might work for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: