OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Retyping the formulas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tpeac
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Retyping the formulas Reply with quote

Over the past two financial years I have been using open office to submit details of donations to head office and as I was learning how to use the forms I assumed I was making the problem. The point made was that I retyped the formula each time Information was input.

As I only use my computer for my own needs and the inputting of said donation details I have used Open Office rather than Excel. As far as I can recall for the last quarter I only entered the weekly/monthly amounts and checked that the corresponding totals were correct, but the verdict was that I am re-entering the formula.

a. The closing remark was 'did my PC recoginise the program' - how would I know this as far as I am aware, it does, although it appears to take a long time in appearing on the screen.
b. What is the difference in saving it as 'Keep it tn this formula' (or something like it) or save as ODF.

I usually save it as 'Keep it....' Is this likely to make any difference to the problem? Although it makes no actual difference to me It means an awful waste of time and unnecessary work.

Thank you, here's hoping you can help me.
mgroenescheij
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try just for fun to save in ODF or .ods format and all your problems will go away.
tpeac
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mgroenescheij wrote:
Try just for fun to save in ODF or .ods format and all your problems will go away.

Sorry about the long delay in replying, the latest info from head office is that I should save my work in .xls format rather than the ODF format as the formulae no longer works in the Microsoft excel.
tpeac
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further to my post at the end of May on sending the completed info I clicked on File to save and found I was reading the list, about 2/3rds down I noticed "send" and wondering what that would show clicked on it -- one of the choices was "email as Microsoft Excel.

Emailing it via this choice appears to have solved the problem.

[b]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: