OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Obtaining Form Control In OO Basic Macro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SunburnedSurveyor
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:30 am    Post subject: Obtaining Form Control In OO Basic Macro Reply with quote

I'm creating a basic database application in OpenOffice, with some interactive forms. I've got an OpenOffice Writer Document that contains my form controls. What OO Basic code would I use to retrieve the form component so I can access the controls? (I've already had an explanation on how to retrieve the controls once I get the form component.) If I already have the document containing my form open in writer, do I need to mess with the Desktop component? Or is this unecessary because the document containing the form controls is already open?

Also, which OO Basic method would I use to set the value of a combo box? (I want to set the value of a combo box based on the state of anther control in the form. The value of I want to set in the combo box is a fixed string. Could I just use a list box with one value and enable then disable/enable the form control based on the user action?)

Thanks for any tips or code examples.

The Sunburned Surveyor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: