OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

please please help¬

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fadedembers

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: please please help¬ Reply with quote

I have just started using open office and libre, i have several presentations that worked fine before the update, updated then when i start a slide show there are 2 black bars either side of the screen, and the font is compressed and pictures are missing.... searched for hours for help online, so have to bother you guys for help..... i have a major presentation heavy week coming up at this rate will end up having to buy powerpoint! please help!
mgroenescheij
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Please clarify, do you use OpenOffice or LibreOffice?
What version?
Which OS?
Quote:
I have just started using open office and libre, i have several presentations that worked fine before the update
If you have just started how is it possible that you know it worked fine before the update? There wasn't an update of OpenOffice for about a year.

Martin
adagio315

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: disappearing jpg photos from presentation file. HELP! Reply with quote

I'm building about 35 slides with scaled images. Total file size is under 1 KB. So I'm sitting here building other slides, and right in front of my eyes, photos disappear from the slide sorter and the slide. WTF? I've rebuilt, translated to pdf then reopened the original file to update....again....8 missing photos out of maybe 40 photos. What's going on??

Using Openoffice Impress.
floris_v

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, wait a minute, when we ask for particulars, you're supposed to provide them. saying OpenOffice Impress is not nearly good enough - there's LibreOffice and OpenOffice.org and Apache OpenOffice will hit the download servers soon. We want you to tell which one you have, and what version (Help - About OpenOffice/About LibreOffice if you don't know the version number). See my signature for an example.
Are your files saved as Impress files or in the Powerpoint format?
If your files are about 1 KB in size, you must have lost a lot of file data - did you suffer power loss, a crash when you were saving files? Please note that just installing a new version of OOo or LiO won't affect your files.
jrkrideau
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: disappearing jpg photos from presentation file. HELP! Reply with quote

adagio315 wrote:
I'm building about 35 slides with scaled images. Total file size is under 1 KB. So I'm sitting here building other slides, and right in front of my eyes, photos disappear from the slide sorter and the slide. WTF? I've rebuilt, translated to pdf then reopened the original file to update....again....8 missing photos out of maybe 40 photos. What's going on??

Using Openoffice Impress.

What operating system?
What version of OOo or LO? Be very specifit.
Did you create the file?
In what program was the file created?

What update are you talking about?
adagio315

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:29 am    Post subject: disappearing jpgs Reply with quote

I created the file in OpenOffice.org Impress 3.1.0 000310m11 Build 9399
I'm using an Acer netbook CPU Z520 @1.33GHz running MS Windows Prof Version 2002 Service Pack 3
The exporting and posting pdfs has gone through Google Chrome.

What else do you need?
jrkrideau
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: disappearing jpgs Reply with quote

adagio315 wrote:
I created the file in OpenOffice.org Impress 3.1.0 000310m11 Build 9399
I'm using an Acer netbook CPU Z520 @1.33GHz running MS Windows Prof Version 2002 Service Pack 3

Thanks
Quote:
The exporting and posting pdfs has gone through Google Chrome.

What else do you need?

Perhaps an explanation of
Quote:
"I've rebuilt, translated to pdf then reopened the original file to update"

I don't quite understand what these steps are supposed to do.

Also, can you elaborate on your comment about
Quote:
i have several presentations that worked fine before the update,

What was updated?

Are you saving in Impress or Powerpoint format?
adagio315

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject: disappearing pictures - help help Reply with quote

You're confusing two different posts. I didn't say I did other presentations, although I have. And no, I haven't had this problem before.

I told you twice I used Impress. No change to MS at any point. The only issue is disappearing jpegs from my file as I'm working on it, or reopen the saved file only to find 5 pictures gone.

This is an intermittent problem (the pictures disappearing from the file.) I'm trying to problem solve if it's happened to anyone before. Or if there is a file size limit in Impress (seems unlikely based on the performance of the file.)
jrkrideau
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: disappearing pictures - help help Reply with quote

adagio315 wrote:
You're confusing two different posts. I didn't say I did other presentations, although I have. And no, I haven't had this problem before.

I told you twice I used Impress. No change to MS at any point. The only issue is disappearing jpegs from my file as I'm working on it, or reopen the saved file only to find 5 pictures gone.

This is an intermittent problem (the pictures disappearing from the file.) I'm trying to problem solve if it's happened to anyone before. Or if there is a file size limit in Impress (seems unlikely based on the performance of the file.)

You're right I am confusing two different posts. Your responses flowed too smoothly into the fadember problem. Sorry.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: