OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

help with open office to creata a photography database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deanmessenger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: help with open office to creata a photography database Reply with quote

Hi hope you can help with this one. first off my knowledge of open office is pretty much zero so bear with me, i know nothing of coding, sql or anything of the like so answers in plain english laymans terms would be greatly appreciated.
OK so on to what i need to do.
i have a catalogue of over 2000 images ( and growing). I sell these images on around 8 POD sites ( print on demand websites) and its a nightmare to keep track of them all, uploading, adding keywords, camera details, location etc.

so what i need to create is this
a databse that displays the following in quick and easy viewing.

first and formost thumbnail of image ( i can create thumbnails with irfanview easily these are all in Jpeg format)
then name of image
image type ( landscape, wildlife , close up , balckand white etc with option to list it as more than one type)
camera info.. shutter speed, apeture, lens, etc
then tags ( keywords for goofgle searches etc)
then image information. some text about the image, location, and post processing etc etc
then finally a list of the pods images are on. simple check box or tick showing they have been submitted

now all the above sounds easy to add to a spreadsheet and is BUT i cant for life of me get images in the spreadhseet without messing around trying to resize them ( thumbs are default 100x 100 pixels) i just want to be able to drag/drop em in and have them fit in the box but its not happening.
of course if theres an easier way using the oo database would love to be shown how.
many thanks for listening
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: