OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

some info disapeared

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom Gerg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:42 am    Post subject: some info disapeared Reply with quote

I pulled up a spreadsheet I created and use frequently and some of the latest information I put in is not there. Is ther a size limit? I don't know how to get it back. I am updated to the latest.
mgroenescheij
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Yes there is a limit in the number of Columns and Rows, last Cell is AMJ 1048576, but I doubt if you have reached that limit.
It looks more like you had not saved it or probably saved it in an other location.
Try to do a search for your file and see if there are more than one found.

Martin
Tom Gerg

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:32 am    Post subject: dissapearing info Reply with quote

no, it's not a question of last info entered not there, it is some of the last info entetred over maybe the last 5 times that is gone that has been there before. When all memory from program is used, doesn't it give a warning? Also. is there a given limit of data, rather than which cell is last used? I have the data on 3 differant pages. The size of the entire file, accorfing to properties, is 250KB
mgroenescheij
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Limitations:
The limitation is apart from the number of rows and columns your disk size.
Of course the more data, complex formulas etc will slow down the processing.
But a file size of 250KB should not be a problem.

Data lost:
I have no idea how it could be that you lost some data over the last 5 times.
When you open accidentally an old version which is stored on an other location you loose all data entered at a later time, not part of the data.
When you had a file corruption and OpenOffice asked you to recover that file it could be that you loose all data in your document or part of the data entered during the last time.
When OpenOffice try to recover a document it looks if it can find an auto-recovery file.
How if and what can be recovered depends on your preference set in Tools --> Options ... Load/Save ... Save AutoRecovery information every XX minutes.
If it can't find an auto-recovery file it is unpredictable how much can be recovered.

Martin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: