OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

HTML import with POST data

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API
View previous topic :: View next topic  
banderson

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: HTML import with POST data Reply with quote

Good afternoon, forum

I'll try not to bore you with all the details of my project, not in the least because I don't have a great deal of time tonight. I have a spreadsheet "app" in mind that goes something like this:

SECTION: Batches available to work on
- Batch number (unique)
- Qty
- Due date

SECTION: Next batch to work on
> Input batch number

SECTION: Log of batches worked on
- Batch number (unique)
- Qty
- Due date

The move from 1 section to another will involve some macro programming I know. (I am still learning this, but it appears doable.)

What I need is a way to import section 1 from a dynamic webpage .. that is, one that is generated based on POST data in the HTTP request. I have used HTTPfox to find the format of the info sent by my browser, but now I want to mimic that info with Calc. Is this doable with GUI tools? With a macro?

Any and all help is welcome. I am a total know-nothing.
ms777
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: HTML import with POST data Reply with quote

banderson wrote:
.. that is, one that is generated based on POST data in the HTTP request. I have used HTTPfox to find the format of the info sent by my browser, but now I want to mimic that info with Calc. Is this doable with GUI tools? With a macro?

for a starter, see http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=115220 for how to POST to a website and read the returned data

Good luck,

ms777
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: