OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

How do I align text/numbers in a base form

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elder73
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: How do I align text/numbers in a base form Reply with quote

Hello,

The database I am working on in OO is working fine. Most of my problems I solved by googling a question except for this one.

I have a nice form set up for data entry and it works fine. The one field I have assigned text is left aligned on the form and that's fine.

All of the rest of the fields are currency and all of them align to the left margin of the form box. I would like to have those currency fields on the right.

Is there a way of doing this? If so please keep in mind I'm absolutely new to this so please try and be as explicit as you can. Smile

Any and all assistance is appreciated.
mgroenescheij
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Open your form in Edit mode.
Right click the field you want to modify and select the General tab from the Properties window.
Halfway you see a Formatting field, click on the and select your desired format.

Martin
elder73
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: (Solved) Reply with quote

mgroenescheij wrote:
Hi,

Open your form in Edit mode.
Right click the field you want to modify and select the General tab from the Properties window.
Halfway you see a Formatting field, click on the and select your desired format.

Martin

Thank you for your reply. I followed you instructions but right clicking on the selected field in the form did not bring up any box that showed Properties. However, by going to Navigator, right clicking on the field there, brought up a box that showed Properties. Clicking on that took me another box with a host of controls on it. Toward the bottom of this window there is an Alignment entry where you can select the alignment you want. I set it to "right" on all fields and it worked.
Billyray
OOo Enthusiast
OOo Enthusiast

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason right click didn't work, is more than likely caused by the fact that your controls in the form are grouped; i.e. label and data control. In that case you can right click, go to group, edit group, and then right click on the data control to see the properties.

Using the form navigator is more efficient though! Smile
elder73
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billyray wrote:
The reason right click didn't work, is more than likely caused by the fact that your controls in the form are grouped; i.e. label and data control. In that case you can right click, go to group, edit group, and then right click on the data control to see the properties.

Using the form navigator is more efficient though! Smile

Thank you, that explains why it did not work initially. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: