OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

OpenOffice freezes and won't recover

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
akaStacy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: OpenOffice freezes and won't recover Reply with quote

I have Windows Vista Business and OpenOffice 3.2

I had OOo version 3.3, but when I would try to use it I got a pop up window saying that it had unexpectantly crashed and my work would be saved although it did not save my work.

A friend advised me that version 3.3 had been crashing on several people so I uninstalled and installed version 3.2. Now when I open a document and start scrolling down it turns light and my cursor just sits there and spins so I attempted to close it and a screen popped up saying it was going to restore my session and then it just sat there when I hit next.

I posted to a forum about this the other night and was told to 'reset my user profile'. I went to the tutorial on this and didn't understand it at all. It had all these terms that only someone who is tech saavy would know. When I asked for it to be explained I was told to google it. I can't possibly figure it by googling it when half the post is foreign to me!

Can someone please help me?
akaStacy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: OpenOffice freezes and won't recover Reply with quote

I have Windows Vista Business and OpenOffice 3.2

I had OOo version 3.3, but when I would try to use it I got a pop up window saying that it had unexpectantly crashed and my work would be saved although it did not save my work.

A friend advised me that version 3.3 had been crashing on several people so I uninstalled and installed version 3.2. Now when I open a document and start scrolling down it turns light and my cursor just sits there and spins so I attempted to close it and a screen popped up saying it was going to restore my session and then it just sat there when I hit next.

I posted to a forum about this the other night and was told to 'reset my user profile'. I went to the tutorial on this and didn't understand it at all. It had all these terms that only someone who is tech saavy would know. When I asked for it to be explained I was told to google it. I can't possibly figure it by googling it when half the post is foreign to me!

Can someone please help me? Confused

Update, I tried going to the control panel and clicking repair and I got the message 'fatal error during installation' Sad
kd5kids

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am experiencing a similar problem. I can not even uninstall 3.2. I tried to download 3.3 and it keeps telling me to turn off addition versions. There is nothing open. I am lost as to why all of the sudden it does not work.? Looking for insight and ideas also.

Thanks
floris_v

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reset your user profile. Click here for help how to do that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: