OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Searching multiple fields

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quinns

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Searching multiple fields Reply with quote

I'm trying to design a database for sorting prospective employment candidates for a friend's business. I'm not particularly experienced with base, though I do have reasonable knowledge with access and am finding them very similar.

I'd like to be able to search the database with a collection of search criteria. For example, look for candidates that have a degree, live in UT and are willing to relocate (all of those are already defined fields).

I've gotten so far as to have one of these search constraints using a separate table for that particular field that references the main table that you can query from... but I don't know how to go about combining many of these... some kind of filtering process, I'm sure, but it has proven to be beyond me so far.

Does anyone have a good tutorial for this on-hand?

I'd really appreciate any help you guys could provide!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: