OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Help with macro design/import spreadsheets and GUI design

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twash

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:23 am    Post subject: Help with macro design/import spreadsheets and GUI design Reply with quote

Hi all

First off I'm new here so I apologize in advance if I am doing something wrong...

I am trying to design a macro for OOo Calc. This is my first ever macro, and I have read Andrew Pitonyaks excellent guide on OOo Macros Explained. Unfortunately what I am trying to accomplish is a little more difficult than writing "Hello World". I have limited experience with C, C# and Java, but it is a while ago since I used any of it. So basically I am looking for all the help I can get.

The problem:
I have 2 spreadsheets and I want to compare the two lists and output the differences in a 3rd spreadsheet. Each spreadsheet contains a number of parameters for a given component, the first column expresses the specific component, the next couple of columns hold the component specific parameters.

1. I want the user to be able to import two spreadsheets to compare, preferably using a GUI. Both spreadsheets are formatted in the same way.
2. I want the macro to detect discrepancies in the list; for component A001 has parameter A, B, C or D changed? If so, what is the change? Has the component been added or deleted compared to the reference list? etc.
3. The output should be a list of the components that has changed, and a description of what was changed.

Issue 1 is the big hurdle right now. I need to import a list of all components with their appropriate parameters and have them be searchable in the code, but I have no idea how to do this. Also I am absolutely clueless about how to make a GUI in basic.

As mentioned above, any and all help is appreciated. If you can point me to a useful code snippet or give advise on where to look for functions etc. If this is the wrong sub-forum for asking these questions please direct me to the correct one.

Best regards
Twash
DVezina
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is your source data?

Do you already have two OOCalc spreadsheets that you want to merge and compare or is your data something else (e.g., XML) that you want to import into Calc?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: