OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Fix a row in OpenCalc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wienand

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:45 am    Post subject: Fix a row in OpenCalc Reply with quote

Hello,

I want to fix a row in OpenCalcin such a way, that it is visible even if I scroll down. Is there a way to achieved such a layout?

I mean it similar to the row, which is printed on top of every page, but I want to see it also in the spreadshed while entering data.

Thanks

Oliver
David
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Fix a row in OpenCalc Reply with quote

wienand wrote:
Hello,

I want to fix a row in OpenCalcin such a way, that it is visible even if I scroll down. Is there a way to achieved such a layout?

I mean it similar to the row, which is printed on top of every page, but I want to see it also in the spreadshed while entering data.

Thanks

Oliver

Look for FREEZE in the help file.

David.
richhill
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and here is a graphical tip..

http://www.richhillsoftware.com/blog/archives/2004/09/freezing_row_co.html
BookLady
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note that the graphic tip which richhill linked is outdated. OOo1.1.4 at least does save the Screen Freeze setting.

Just as a warning to Oliver and anyone else starting to use this. There are a couple of strange things that might happen. Nothing to get upset over but...

Sometimes the cell indicator disappears. The Column and Row header will still be highlighted for the active cell but the cell itself will not be surrounded by an outline. Toggling Freeze on and off does not correct this. Closing and reopening the file seems to be the only solution. Maybe if I knew what is causing it to disappear I could figure out how to get it back. Still working on this one.

Sometimes when Control/Click/Drag is used to make a new copy of a sheet the Freeze break will show up in a different location than it was on the original sheet. Simply doing the Alt/W/Freeze to toggle it off and resetting it where it belongs works for this one. Another one I wish I knew what causes it to do this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: