OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Help me!!! having problem installing openoffice in windows 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ianph

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:14 am    Post subject: Help me!!! having problem installing openoffice in windows 7 Reply with quote

Is there anyone can help? I'm having problem installing the latest version of Open office in windows 7 32bit.. It always giving me error 1935.... I've tried to change mscoree.dll to something else and also disabled anti virus turn off firewall but still getting the same error...

Hope someone could help me with this problem..

Thanks in advanced...
vrsatemp

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Re: Help me!!! having problem installing openoffice in windo Reply with quote

Hi iamph. The hard drive on my dad's HP mini 110 crashed and the drivers and os had to be re-installed, together with other software that he needed. It was a chance to "de-microsoft" the machine and leave only the operating system.I planned to install Panda cloud-based anti-virus, Firefox, Thunderbird, and open office. All went very smoothly save for the open office. The dialog box repeatedly indicated that the source file could not be read. After downloading Open Office and Libre Office for several times to no avail, it occurred to me that there might be something missing from the machine. Somebody in the OO forums mentioned Java. I went to the Java site and found that the machine did not have java installed. I downloaded and installed java while I was downloading Open Office at the same time. I was elated when the Open Office download was, for the first time ever, actually completed.

For whatever its worth, the computer's operating system is Windows 7 Starter 32-bit and I installed Java SE7 update 04 and OpenOffice.org 3.4 Just felt compelled to share after seeing a few threads with similar problems under different circumstances. Hope this helps.

ianph wrote:
Is there anyone can help? I'm having problem installing the latest version of Open office in windows 7 32bit.. It always giving me error 1935.... I've tried to change mscoree.dll to something else and also disabled anti virus turn off firewall but still getting the same error...

Hope someone could help me with this problem..

Thanks in advanced...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: