OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Relative Links to External Files

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meercat

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Relative Links to External Files Reply with quote

(My specific scenario below involves the Calc application, but I believe the underlying principle is not specific to Calc - hence why I am posting in the 'General' section)

I have one Calc file that contains dynamic links to cells within another, separate Calc file.
(Think recipe sheets containing links to a master ingredients price list file).

However, these 'external links' use absolute paths to the external file.
This means I am unable to move the files to another directory structure without having to manually update each and every external link (potentially many hundreds!).

I have attempted to manipulate these paths to be relative instead of absolute but I am unable to get this to work.

Question 1: Any idea how (if it is even possible) to use relative links instead of absolute when linking to cells within an external Calc file?

Question 2: Do you know of a better, more rubust/elegant way of accomplishing the same effect without the use of direct links to cells within an external file?

Thanks all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: