OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

OO Writer & Win 7 crashes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cedrich999

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: OO Writer & Win 7 crashes Reply with quote

Exclamation Everytime I open OO writer it crashes. Being not very computer savey ( I use to own a Com. 64) I did read through the Resetting User Profile by Hagar Delest but couldn't figure out where to find the correct areas using Win 7 Home Premium. Embarassed I have many small docs in writer-text only that I need that were created a year ago when all was well OO program ways, so any asistance would be wonderful. Thanks
thomasjk
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The user profile is hidden in WIN 7. Open Windows explorer. Click Organize--->Folder and Search Options. Click the View Tab. Check the button to "Show Hidden Files, Folders and Drives". Click Apply and OK out. Now follow the directions here http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12426 .
The other thing to try is turning off the updater. Tools--->Openoffice.org--->Updates.
cedrich999

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: still crashing Reply with quote

Finally found the correct area & followed the directions. Restarted OO & it crashed again- recv'd he normal OO crashed will revive the doc when you restart etc.. then I get a OO not responding notice. IF memory serves correctly this problame may have started about the time IE 9 was loaded. - I do knew that IE 9 does not play well with another program I have to use so I use Mozilla instead when I need to access that particular program any possibility? If so how would I uninstall IE9 to fix- couldn't find it in my list of programs I can uninstall. Shocked
Thanks
thomasjk
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to Control Panel--->Windows Update then View Update History---->View Installed updates. Find IE9 and right click to uninstall. IE* will automatically replace it.
cedrich999

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy S far after uninstalling IE( & using IE8 OO is starting to improve & work. Am keeping my fingers x'd for now. Thank you Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: