OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Unique request regarding multiple options

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sithlyone
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Unique request regarding multiple options Reply with quote

Hello, I have another interesting request that may or may not be possible. Surprised

As a student in grade school I remember being given book assignments on a certain type of book. One where the reader kinda got to determine the outcome of the story depending on what he/she thought the protagonist would do in certain situations.

You had a choice of A, B or C and were told to turn to a specific page depending on what outcome you chose. I thought those were very neat because it got the reader even more invested into the story.

I would like to do something like that with my spreadsheet. I know that I can create hyperlinks to link to different parts of the document and such. However, I don't want my readers to be able to look at all of the options and be able to choose the best one. I want them to know that once they choose an option that they can't go back, (unless the story dictates that they would be able to go back).

Is there a way to either prevent the other options from being able to be clicked once one has already been chosen? Or could the other options be erased?

I know this is a unique thing to ask for, so please if you have any suggestions I'll take them, thanks!
davea0511
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could do this with OO Basic, though I wouldn't recommend it. There are better/easier ways to do what you're trying to do, like this: http://www.textadventures.co.uk/quest/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: