OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Customizing an Illustration Index

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndreasB
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject: Customizing an Illustration Index Reply with quote

Hello,

I captioned every picture in my document by right-clicking the pic and choosing "Caption...". Now I want to create an Illustration Index. That's no problem. But the enrtries always look this way:

Illustration 1.1 <entry> <page number>

But I dont't want the word "Illustration" displayed at the beginning of every line. I only want the number to be displayed. I played around with the index properties of the Illustration Index but couldn't find a solution.

Regards,
Andreas
ftack

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The illustration index includes the entire caption, which includes illustration. If you do not want the word "illustration" then you can create a used defined index, but this will require you to mark the text you want to appear in the index as there is no automatic feature anymore for such requirement. In detail, it goes like 1) select the caption, except "illustration 2) select Insert - Indexes and Tables - Entry, under Index, select User defined (you can give it a custom name), then click Insert. Do this for any entry that needs to make it to the entry, in your case for each caption. This custom index can then be generated and further customized.
AndreasB
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that works very well!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: